Retail suppliers of costumes, accessories, theatre props, and other such items as are commonly used by reenactors, Faire goers, and others interested in Living History style recreational activities. Suggestions for sites to be listed are encouraged via the "add URL" label at page top - criticism and comments are very welcome at the "editor" active text at page bottom. Living History Recreation Shopping.
In December 2000, Simon & Schuster agreed to pay Clinton a reported $8 million advance for what became Living History —a near-record figure to an author for an advance at that time. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Living history is an activity that incorporates historical tools, activities and dress into an interactive presentation that seeks to give observers and participants a sense of stepping back in time. Although it does not necessarily seek to reenact a specific event in history, living history is similar to, and sometimes incorporates, historical reenactment. Living history is an educational medium used by living history museums, historic sites, heritage interpreters, schools and historical reenactment groups to educate the public or their own members in particular areas of history, such as clothing styles, pastimes and handicrafts, or to simply convey a sense of the everyday life of a certain period in history.
- Historical reenactment - Historical reenactment is an educational or entertainment activity in which people follow a plan to recreate aspects of a historical event or period.
- Open-air museum - An open-air museum is a museum that exhibits collections of buildings and artifacts out-of-doors. They are also frequently known as museums of buildings or folk museums. The concept of an open-air museum originated in Scandinavia in the late 19th century and spread widely.
- The 1900 House - The 1900 House is a historical reality television programme made by Wall to Wall/Channel 4 in 1999. In the show, a modern family tries to live in the way of the late Victorians in 1900 for three months in a modified house. It was shown on Channel 4 in the United Kingdom and PBS in America.
- The 1920s Berlin Project - The 1920s Berlin Project is a historical role-playing community in Second Life. It is a sim game intended to simulate daily life in Berlin during the Weimar Republic and give the appearance and feel of authentic 1920s Weimar culture.
- Little Woodham - Little Woodham, also known as "The Living History Village of Little Woodham" or "The Seventeenth Century Village", is a living museum dedicated to recreating life in a rural village in the mid-17th century. It is situated in ancient woodland in Rowner, on the Gosport peninsula, Hampshire.
- Old Bethpage Village Restoration - The Old Bethpage Village Restoration is a recreated living museum village in Old Bethpage, New York. The village opened in 1970 with dozens of historic structures that had been saved from demolition by Nassau County. Costumed actors provide demonstrations of 19th-century life.
- Historically themed events
- Historical reenactment by type
- Merchant World War Two Ration Technologies www
Merchant offers instruction kits with labels on diskette for making World War Two replica K-Rations, War Two Ration Technologies, C-Rations and D-Rations. Ordering information, based in Oregon City, Oregon. World War Two Ration Technologies.
- Specializes Publialba S.A.S. www
Specializes in reproduction World War II German and Italian uniforms, S.A.S., boots, and accessories. Also offers other weaponry and Roman armor. Publialba S.A.S..
- Natural Wooded Hamlet Designs www
Natural fiber trims, Hamlet Designs, tapes ribbons, cords, and webbings for reenactment work; antique and reproduction tools. Ordering information; accepts credit cards. Wooded Hamlet Designs.
- Online Jas. Townsend and Son, Inc. www
Online catalog featuring clothing, Townsend and Son, Inc., camp goods, books, and music. Caters primarily to American Revolution and French and Indian War reenactors. (Pierceton, Indiana, USA) Jas. Townsend and Son, Inc..
- Jim Beaver Buckets www
Jim Gaster hand crafts replica wooden buckets, Buckets, washtubs, Civil War canteens, kegs, and other containers of past eras for reenctments and similar events. Photos, ordering information, based in Indianola, Nebraska. Beaver Buckets.
- Colonial Wilde Weavery www
Colonial America reproductions of blankets, Weavery, sashes, bags, and accouterments; fine handweaving and leatherwork. Products photo gallery; contact information. Wilde Weavery.
- Merchant West Point Sutlers www
Merchant supplies accoutrements for American Civil War reenactors and collectors and general militaria for the World Wars; antique pistols and edged weapons, Point Sutlers, badges, military uniforms. Events schedule, ordering information, reenactment image gallery. West Point Sutlers.
- Period Sullivan Press www
Period documents, Press, forms, books, and stationary; Colonial through Civil War. Sullivan Press.
- Renaissance Pirates Treasure www
Renaissance and Medieval weaponry, Treasure, historical artifacts, shipwreck findings, unusual jewelry. Pirates Treasure.
- Hand-crafted Five Rivers Chapmanry www
Hand-crafted historical reproduction cooperage, Rivers Chapmanry, fabrication by traditional tools and methods, cooperage demonstrations. Hand sewn embroidered costumes; historic patterns and fabrics; embroidery demonstrations. On line catalog; accepts credit cards. Five Rivers Chapmanry.
- Company By The Sword www
Company supplies swords, The Sword, pole weapons, archery equipment, armor, shields, leather goods, costumes, and accessories for historical re-enactments and Faires; ordering information, accepts credit cards, on line and paper catalogs, based in Fort Myers, Florida. By The Sword.
- Colonial, Smoke and Fire Company www
Colonial, and Fire Company, Scottish, and Medieval clothing patterns, books, historic camp gear and Period accoutrements. Smoke and Fire Company.
- Historically Medieval Reproductions www
Historically accurate reproductions of medieval arms, Reproductions, armour, and artwork, Roman to Renaissance; Period costumes, accessories, furniture, architectural embellishments. On line catalog. Medieval Reproductions.
- Goods Blue Heron Mercantile www
Goods and services used by and in historical reenactments with an online catalogue and information on services, Heron Mercantile, trail tips, trading post, historical events listings, resources and contacts. Blue Heron Mercantile.
- Books Poison Pen Press www
Books for the reenactor and Faire patron on medieval cookery, Pen Press, costuming, and domestic aspects of the Middle Ages and Renaissance; on line catalog and ordering information. Poison Pen Press.
- Replica U-boat Silver www
Replica U-boat Cap and hat devices handcrafted from Nickel Silver and brass Sheet; designs include 3X Blackcat and Edelweiss. U-boat Silver.
- Naturally Bows and Buckskins www
Naturally made braintanned buckskin hides and custom tanning; hand crafted bags and pouches; traditional longbows and recurves made with domestic and imported woods. and Buckskins. Information pages on buckskin and tanning; ordering information; accepts credit cards. Bows and Buckskins.
- Reproductions Der Dienst www
Reproductions of military medals, Dienst, badges, insignia and awards of items from 1775-1945. Der Dienst.
- Weaponry, Dopey Dragon Dry Goods www
Weaponry, Dragon Dry Goods, wooden eating implements, beads, feathers and skins/leather, clothing and rugs. Online catalog with images. (Egg Harbor City, New Jersey, USA) Dopey Dragon Dry Goods.
- Offers Militaryheritage.com www
Offers a range of reproduction British uniforms and weaponry, Militaryheritage.com, accessories, and related items. Includes historic information and magazine. Militaryheritage.com.
- Historical Piedmont Flag Company www
Historical flag research and manufacture, Flag Company, covering King Phillip's War to the Spanish-American War and specializing in Confederate flags. Piedmont Flag Company.
- Practicing Heath Iron www
Practicing blacksmith Bob Heath has several how-to books available for fabricating Reenactment equipment and general methods; content descriptions and ordering information. Heath Iron.
- Historical Panther Primitives www
Historical accurate reproduction tents for reenactments and collectors; Medieval to American Colonial. Primitives. Mail order catalog; contact information. Panther Primitives.
- Authentic Medicine River Rendezvous! www
Authentic recreations of the tools, River Rendezvous!, clothing, and the utensils for the period from 1750-1880 in North American history. Medicine River Rendezvous!.
- Reproduction Bill Bureaus Militaria www
Reproduction items for the WW2 German reenactor and collector including uniforms, Bureaus Militaria, headgear, accessories, and reference books. Includes company information and links. Bill Bureaus Militaria.
- Ready-made C&D Jarnagin Company www
Ready-made reproduction clothing and supplies from 1750-1865. Jarnagin Company. Specialty is American military, but some civilian items as well. Sale items, size and fitting form, online catalog ordering, and extensive links collection. (Corinth, Mississippi, USA) C&D Jarnagin Company.
- Produces AAA Munitions www
Produces munitions for Civil War cannons and artillery. Munitions. All rounds are reproduced as accurately as possible to the original government specifications with one exception, they are inert. AAA Munitions.
- Realistic Civil War Musket Transport Boxes www
Realistic musket boxes for Civil War reenactments and collectors. War Musket Transport Boxes. Photos, pricing and ordering information. Civil War Musket Transport Boxes.
- Leather The Schmitthenner Armory www
Leather and steel armor for SCA, Schmitthenner Armory, LARP, medieval and Renaissance faires, theater and costumed events. Crafted by lineaged, Middle Ages armorers. The Schmitthenner Armory.
- Sell South Tower Armouring Guild www
Sell a range of SCA and reproduction armour as well as weapons. Tower Armouring Guild. A Canadian based company. South Tower Armouring Guild.
- Custom Michele's Sew It Seams www
Custom and ready-made garments for men and women; primarily Colonial and Old West. Sew It Seams. Online catalog with some images, designer profile, events schedule, and links. (Johnstown, Colorado, USA) Michele's Sew It Seams.
- Medieval Harriet's TCS www
Medieval through 20th century. TCS. Online catalog of rentals and patterns for men, women, and children; custom sewing for bridal parties and events. Vintage clothing boutique, accessories, sewing kits, fabric and notions, measurement charts, FAQ, profile of the designer. (Danbury, Connecticut, USA) Harriet's TCS.
- Custom Soles Thru Time www
Custom made and designed footwear for medieval and Renaissance participants. Soles Thru Time.
- Medieval, Boots by Bohemond www
Medieval, Bohemond, Renaissance and cavalier boots handmade to order. Boots by Bohemond.
- Handcrafted ELAD'S leather armor www
Handcrafted leather armor. leather armor. Offer a set of standard designs or custom work. US based but will ship internationally. ELAD'S leather armor.
- Company Sharkee, Inc. www
Company supplies durable, Inc., lightweight training blades for practice sessions of mock combat, Medieval mock tournaments, and similar competitive meets; events schedule, ordering information, forum. Sharkee, Inc..
- "Tromp Advanced techniques in SCA heavy combat www
"Tromp L'oeil" proposes to teach and analyze SCA heavy combat using concepts from sleight of hand, techniques in SCA heavy combat, juggling, physics, and psychology. The book is available from Duke Patrick Devilin of DarkWrath Keep, KSCA. Advanced techniques in SCA heavy combat.
- Alexa: Living History Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Living History Recreation
- DMOZ: Living History Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Living History Recreation